Thursday, February 26, 2009

School is an oasis. Except for Social Studies, math, and Health. Chinese was good, even though the teacher won't be back from China until Monday. (She went for the cremation ceremony of her mother. I ended up having everyone in Chinese sign a poster board turned card for her.) I can't wait for her to come back. She's really funny, nice, and just awesome to be around. She's my favorite teacher ever.

Social Studies was boring, and the teacher proved himself to be a major ass. I'm going to hate the class for the rest of the year. I can tell. English was dull. We just sat at the computer writing poetry. It wasn't really related to the book we read either... (Copper Sun. The author's name escapes me at the moment.)

Math was hell as always, but the 10 minute walk to the library was fun. I was walking with Alex and Ashly as always. We spent about three minutes there, saying quick hellos to some friends and the librarians, putting books on hold, and saying bye to our other friends there, and beginning our 10 minute walk back. We recorded about 2 minutes of our random chatter, proving it to be more fun than we thought.

Choir was hell. I couldn't sing anything higher than a c without getting dizzy, and being soprano 1, that is not a good thing. We practiced The Song of Angels, and most of our notes are well above c, making it difficult for me to stand. I ended up gripping my desk through most of the song. I almost passed out after sitting back down. I hate how it's been so hard to sing lately. I've never been able to sing low notes, and now I can't sing high notes, so now I feel trapped. I feel like a horrible failure. I can't sing, and it's killing me. The one thing I consider worse than living in Port Charlotte for the rest of my life, being unable to sing... I hate it. I miss being able to jump from a to high g. I hate this...

And finally, my least favorite class. Health. Coach Wiseman is an ass. The sound of his voice annoys the living hell out of me. He's a perfectionist. He's a hard ass. But his worst quality is that he always has to link everything with sports. Seriously, when I'm in his class I feel like begging Maria (my friend who sits behind me) to stab me repeatedly with a blunt object. Today we were talking about anger management, and every time he said something he looked at me (so what if I got the highest score on some anger management test? It was only a 96 out of 100. It proves nothing.) and tied every little thing he said with fucking sports. Then what does he do? He asks me if there's anything I want to add after every anger management tip. I felt like saying 'Yeah. Why don't you shut the hell up about sports? I have no fucking idea what you're talking about, and I have no desire to find out.' but instead I just shake my head no and go back to reading. (I also think most of the people there need to spend more time reading. It's sad when the dumbest person in all their other classes suddenly turns into the smartest one there because they know what 'incidental' and 'conceited' mean.) 30 minutes into class and coach Wiseman's ramblings about football helps with anger triggers, I end up passing a note to Maria and Kaite (she was sitting next to Maria) saying 'This old fart is pissing me off.' They both started laughing, and coach Wiseman threatened to send us to the dean. We didn't care though. He'd been making the same empty threat since the first day of his class.

No comments:

Post a Comment